Wednesday, January 6, 2016

the star killer base

While watching Star Wars the Force Awakens, it looked like I was the only one who was left curious about the Star Killer base. And, dear lord, I was...

Watching a lot of these scifi movies lately it just gave me the impulse to get curious about it.

It sucks up the whole star, yet people walk on it like people walk on earth (with normal gravity).

Okay, according to present astronomy knowledge, what do we know that can practically suck up a star. A black hole - a body of immense density that is capable of sucking light too.

If you are a space documentary fan boy like me, you'd also probably have imagined accretion discs, and gamma ray bursts.

People over at scifi stackexchange have some pretty convincing answers touch.

If you are fascinated with providing theoretical answers, fascinate me too.

Au revoir.

1 comment: